What is Tire Chains Required?
Tire Chains Required has quickly become one of the largest online tire chain retailers. We offer high quality chains at discounted prices for all types of traction applications. Our convenient online ordering process provides 24 hour access to hundreds of tire chain options.
Is my online order safe?
All online tire chain purchases are safe with us. This Web site is secured with a Web Server High Assurance SSL Certificate. Transactions on the site are protected with up to 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer encryption. Orders placed over the Internet will be processed immediately and will receive an email confirmation.
Will my personal information be kept confidential?
Do you ship outside of the U.S.?
Tire Chains Required can ship to Alaska and International locations.
Minimum order requirements apply. Please click here to contact us or call us as 207-465-7276 so we can make arrangements.
I am uncomfortable entering my credit card information online.
Please call us at 207-465-7276 and our experienced sales staff can assist you.
Why don't my tire chains fit properly? Tire chains are designed and built to fit a range of tire sizes, which means that some modification may be required if your tire size is one of the smaller sizes in that range. Modification will require cutting off a small section of the chain for best fit.
What is your return policy?
All returns must be authorized by Tire Chains Required. Please contact a customer service representative by email if you have a problem with your order. Review our Return Policy here.
What warranty do you have on your products?
Review our Warranty Policy here.
What will my freight charges be?
Shipping charges are added to your order in the checkout process. We offer free delivery on skidder chains shipped within the continental USA.
Do I have shipping options other than UPS Ground Shipping?
Yes. Faster UPS delivery services are available on most orders. Please call 207-465-7276 or email us for more informaiton.
What are the limitations to your $2,000.00 Free Freight Policy?
At this time our $2,000 Free freight offer only applies to shipments within the continental USA.
When will my order be processed and my tire chains ship?
Most orders will process and ship on the day of the order or on the following business day. In cases of higher than normal order volume, orders may take up to 3 business days to ship.
What are the tire chain laws for my state?
Please contact your states Department of Transportation for specific tire chain laws, or visit here for a synopsis of state tire chain laws.
Why is there a $10.00 Handling Fee on my order?
In an attempt to keep our pricing as low as possible, we have established a small handling fee on small orders. At this time, orders of less than $50.00 will incur a $10.00 handling fee to cover our handling costs. Thank you for your understanding.
Will my Next Day Air or 2nd Day Air order be shipped the same day?
If at all possible, yes! Most often, orders are shipped within 1 - 2 days. Selecting an expedited shipping method is no guarantee that your order will leave the same day it is placed.
Please contact us for more answers to your questions
General rules for the use of tire chains are as follows:
• Consult your owner's manual to see if tire chains can be used on your vehicle.
• Make sure chains are properly sized for your tire. Proper fit is very important.
• Install as tightly as possible by hand for maximum chain life and performance.
• Pull completely off the road and out of the way of traffic before installing, servicing, or removing tire chains.
• Do not deflate tires to install tire chains. (Tires should be normal inflation.)
• Drive approximately 1/4 mile. Stop and retighten chains. Extra links (depending on chain style) may be cut off or zip tied. Keep chains tight to snug throughout the operation.
• Do not exceed 30 miles per hour. Accelerate and decelerate slowly. Avoid spinning or locking of wheels.
• If chains should fail, stop immediately and repair or remove. Do not drive with a broken tire chain.
• Avoid hitting curbs with tire chains.
• Tire chains are not designed for towing.